SMV 10C Denmark

Frits

Nieuwe Gebruiker
I hope you'll enjoy it. There is a lot of SMV-knowlegde on this board so just ask around if you need info :)

cxfanatic

Nieuwe Gebruiker
You should come over to Holland from 23-25 October 2009, to visit the campsite meeting of the Dutch SMV Friends!

Frits

Nieuwe Gebruiker
About the yellow sticker, I asked a Swedish guy:

I think this one might need some explanation rather than a simple translation.
The sticker says "Vägrenskörning bestämmer jag" which freely translates to something like: "I decide if I drive on the verge".

A "vägren" is the part of the road located outside the normal driving lane. The formal english translation is "verge". Some countries don't have this feature on their roads but rather have a ditch directly on the sides of the road. However in Sweden some two lane roads have a rather large area outside the lanes that make it possible for slower vehicles to partly drive outside the lane if they want to allow faster vehicles to pass. It's not mandatory to drive on the verge. If you think it is risky, or uncomfortable you don't have to. However some drivers in faster vehicles drive in a way that they force slower drivers to drive on the verge. So the sticker is a message to these faster drivers that this driver is NOT going out on the verge if he don't want to.

Oftewel: ik ga NIET aan de kant ;)

cxfanatic zei:
You should come over to Holland from 23-25 October 2009, to visit the campsite meeting of the Dutch SMV Friends!
.....thanks for the invitation....now we see if I have the time...perhabs next year...could be fun

Frits zei:

The sticker says "Vägrenskörning bestämmer jag" which freely translates to something like: "I decide if I drive on the verge".

A "vägren" is the part of the road located outside the normal driving lane. The formal english translation is "verge". Some countries don't have this feature on their roads but rather have a ditch directly on the sides of the road. However in Sweden some two lane roads have a rather large area outside the lanes that make it possible for slower vehicles to partly drive outside the lane if they want to allow faster vehicles to pass. It's not mandatory to drive on the verge. If you think it is risky, or uncomfortable you don't have to. However some drivers in faster vehicles drive in a way that they force slower drivers to drive on the verge. So the sticker is a message to these faster drivers that this driver is NOT going out on the verge if he don't want to.

.....that's a cool sticker then hehe :lol:
some years ago i drove to the North cape in a 2 C V , all the time I drove outside the normal driving lane, that the Swedish fast cars like......

here a picture from Sweden on the road to Stockholm july 2007

zomerbloempje

Nieuwe Gebruiker
Frits zei:

That's just the one for me!

Ja zo'n sticker wil ik ook wel op m'n auto!
Leuke slogan :lol: